Sony Insider Forums
J.u.n.k.e.r.

What are you listening to right now?

Rate this question

Question

Listening to a new box set of Manfred Mann's, it's called Bootleg vol 1 to 5, various concerts from the 70's to fairly recent, interesting piece in the liner notes, the

author of the notes talked about methods of recording concerts and minidisc was mentioned.

BTW the sound for "Bootleg" is pretty darn good

recommend going to the Manfred Mann site and order it, price for a 5 disc package is very reasonable

Bob

Recording my MTV Unplugged collection onto MD (SP mode).

Nirvana

Alice In Chains

Rod Stewart

Bob Dylan

Tony Bennett.

The nod going to Nirvana, but I gotta give Tony some credit. He sounds amazing for his age. And shoot, while I'm at it Rod sounds pretty swell too :)

Yep Tony Bennett is the man. I have his box set.

CCR Chronicles Vol. 1 on my CD player. I didn't realize how many hits they had. I listened to the oldies station since I was twelve, so that why I know most of the stuff. I ordered Vol. 2 should be here this week.

Rusalka - by Antonin Dvorak. 1993 performance from the Met with Gabriela Benackova-Kapova and Ben Heppner. Rusalka is Dvorak's only well-known opera, despite his works in other fields being played with great frequency.

This was Ben Heppner's Met debut. Curiously, his opera debut (at UBC when a student) was also in the part of Prinz in the same opera.

Nightwish live in Paris (2002 or 2004, I do not know), unexpected bootleg found on a used minidisc, sold as blank on eBay. Nice recording, wonderful sound.

Gianni Schicchi (3rd of three unrelated 1-act operas usually played together, known as "Il Trittico") by Puccini. This is the piece that "rehabilitated" him (1918) after the public hated Madam Butterfly (1916). Nice performance from NY Met.

Charlie Winston's album, Hobo

Especially Kick the Bucket. Incredibly catchy hook. My daughter said 'Dad, if I die before you will you play this at my funeral?' She is 12 where as I'm 51 :D

Of course I agreed, and I hope who ever organises it understands her wishes! Great sentiments

Smooth Radio ( D.A.B ) And The Fans Whirling On The PC And The Voices in My Head....