Recent Forum Downtime

Christopher

The board was down for a while due to a series of unfortunate events -- more unfortunate than that actual movie. All I can say is that it will never happen again, and I apologize for having things down for so long..and we lost some things. All posts that occured from late 9/10 till 9/16 have been lost. Furthermore, we lost some of the smileys. They will return soon.

I thought that the Gallery would be alright tonight, but it looks like it's been delayed again and the Release Canidate isn't working. This should be resolved within this week.

The old skins are on hiatus until the designer updates them to Invision 2.1. This should take under two weeks, and apparently things will be a little redone, so look forward to a better look.

HORRAY!!!!! they are back!

I was the same with big_raji. Every day since it 1st went down I would coem back hoping it would be back up :P Wasn't having withdrawal symptoms... but close to it! :P

I think we all need to acknowledge the Admins and Mods and everyone else associated in helping recover this very helpful forum get back on its feet.!

I would put the beer smiley up :P but it ain't there.

dont thank the mods, or at least this mod, i offered help but was refused, no doubt to the interest of all involved, my computer knowledge is limited to how all the little men in my computer can run around & avoid being chopped by the fans...

anyway excellent news kurisu

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your kind words as it's embarassing to be an Owner of a forum and have it down for so long. When running a website such as MDCF, it's like flying a plane -- usually smooth sailing at all times, but when your going down there's little you can do to stop the crash other than attempt the best landing possible. I wish that there was something atrain or anyone else could've done to help, but things are so esoteric here I think that even the most experienced individual would be scratching their head at what occured.

I can definitely assure you that we will not face such a severe loss again, as the only reason we had to rely on a super old backup was due to one of us not changing the password within the cron job that backs up the SQL tables after that date -- I had been hacked around that time as well (nothing related to the downtime).

greenmachine, the new Gallery is much nicer. I had a chance to play with it the other day and the improvements will allow me to bring more focus to it (e.g. removing Member's Galleries and having specific ones, etc).

Great work getting things up and running again. :D

I'm glad it wasn't just me that felt the loss - isn't it weird that so many people can feel such misery when faced with a little message as simple as 'this menu has been disabled' !!!!

It's testament to the great community that you have set up here, and to all the great people who contribute. Keep up the good work :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Well, I'VE been away from the forums for a while myself. You know... busy life: kids, work, wuv-wee wife, etc. It's good to be back.

The constant here, clearly, has been Kurisu's dedication to keeping this place well oiled and functional. Dude, you plainly kick ass. Keep on keepin on.

I look forward to continued contribution and education.

GREG