Format's demise leads to Australia facing massive Minidisc liquidation.

Christopher

I think the main thing with a player-only unit is that it's usually thinner and lighter, gets used more often that way.

For me now it's just to wait for the LIP-4WM's to arrive by airmail, good thing I have a charged NH-14WM from my MZ-N910 to put in the NH900 :)

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the NH-14WM a 1.2v battery and the LIP-4WM a 3.7v battery. I don't think the results would be pleasant usung the wrong voltage. I thought about putting the battery from my RH10 in my newly acquired NH1, but I guess I will have to wait for the battery via airmail.

And Thanks again to Sefu for fast shipping and an easy transaction. I know I will enjoy my NH1. I am glad I ordered early before international shipping was halted.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My batteries arrived this morning, and apparently so did the units a bit later! Cannot wait to get home to try them out!

Excellent service from MiniDisc Australia. They've even dealt with my incessant emails about the charger etc. Cannot recommend them highly enough. Many thanks to Sefu too. ^_^

My batteries arrived this morning, and apparently so did the units a bit later! Cannot wait to get home to try them out!

Excellent service from MiniDisc Australia. They've even dealt with my incessant emails about the charger etc. Cannot recommend them highly enough. Many thanks to Sefu too. ^_^

My NH1 arrived this morning via DHL. Big thanks to Sefu for all his troubles and shipping these. A great package at an incredible price.

Edit: Battery arrived couple of hours later via airmail. Thanks again Sefu.

Edited by richyhu

so have international orders started back up yet? I would really like to order one of those 20-packs. My only other option is some nice Australian ordering them for me and I'd pay them back for it.

noooo! They were there yesterday. what happened? me = :(

Edited by allegate

My two NH1's arrived this morning via DHL. Battery arrived couple of hours later via airmail. What a coincidence. No local taxes, thanx Sefu! A really great package, exept for the two Spiderman cd's . Well you can't have it all. ....

Thanks again, and for you and the rest hope you find a sollution to the battery problem.

Well, those are "Sony Copy-protected CD's" anyway - wouldn't put them into anything you care for anyway... ;)

When it comes to eventually open up for International Orders again, I'm pretty sure they're waiting for two things:

* The general workload on them to lessen, so they can handle the extra work.

* All positive reports from us "Early Buyers", that the extra package with the batteries arrived Safe & Sound. If they have the extra hassle of repackaging the batteries and then people (regardless if they tell the truth or not) say they "didn't get the batteries - send new ones!" I would think they wouldn't reopen international shipping for players.

BTW, I got Spiderman, Delta Goodren and Beyonce - it was a lose - lose with those CD's all along...

i just recieved my new mz-nh900 from minidisc australia this week. im so happy with it. i got the bundle with mic, some blank 1gb hi-mds and a stand all for under $250!!

as a musician i must say im very impressed with the quality of recording... compared to my mp3 player with inbuilt mic :b

im still trying to figure out the software though and get around the stupid atrac thing. i just want to burn my performances onto a cd!!

i just recieved my new mz-nh900 from minidisc australia this week. im so happy with it. i got the bundle with mic, some blank 1gb hi-mds and a stand all for under $250!!

as a musician i must say im very impressed with the quality of recording... compared to my mp3 player with inbuilt mic :b

im still trying to figure out the software though and get around the stupid atrac thing. i just want to burn my performances onto a cd!!

If you are using Sonicstage 3.3, when you transfer the track back to your computer, it should ask you if you want to convert it to WAV format, as well as asking the location to save it in (ie: My Documents\My Music). YOu can very easily burn the WAV files to CD.

If you are using an older version, I don't think it will ask you this.

I go my MZ-NH1 and a pack of 5 Hi-MD blanks off Minidisc Australia, and I'm loving it. :D

Thursday night: order placed

Following Tuesday: order received

Basically the whole process was done in three business days. Great work Sefu.

If only they stocked the MZ-EH1 and had that for clearance as well...

Went to a Sony Shop yesterday in World Square in Sydney City, and they are selling 2 different MD's, can't remember which one's but the prices are $525+ ahahah

I went there last week and I think it was the MZ-NHF800 and the MZ-NH900 they had on display. The prices were around the $500+ mark, and I didn't find any Hi-MD blanks for sale there.

Also, theres a shop in Market City that has the MZ-N1 for for $619, and thats already the sale price, slashed from $699. :lol:

There was also a MZ-E10 for $299 at the Sound Centre next to the Easyway at Town Hall.

I've got my new NHF800 plus the bundle but all 5 free md blanks are not hi-md :(. Why others get free hi-md? If I knew I bought some hi-md blanks.

BTW when I bought my RH910 I've got one free 1 hi-md blank :(

I've got my new NHF800 plus the bundle but all 5 free md blanks are not hi-md :( . Why others get free hi-md? If I knew I bought some hi-md blanks.

BTW when I bought my RH910 I've got one free 1 hi-md blank :(

I don't think anybody did. It clearly states that the bundle contains 5 or 10 (depending on the model) 80 Min Color Collection blanks.

Edited by richyhu

I'm lucky I have a friend from Australia and ordered my MZ-NHF800 and was delivered overnight. Wow excelent service! My friend said he might get the 10% GST refunded at the airport. Can't wait my new collection. ;)

BTW I ordered MZ-NH700 cause I don't listen much radio, but minidisc aust. said no stock until next week.

Long live MD!

Unless you have spent over $300 from the one shop you won't get GST refunded at the airport... :angry:

sorry, but have read the forum, and am not sure if i can ask the person a question about purchasing one of these amazing Minidisc players!!!! I have the MZ-nh1 (about £160 when they were selling them off in argos) and it is an amazing player, if you are thinking about getting one and are not sure, dont think, just get it,I know you will not be making a bad purchase. Hopefully going to get one as back up but live in the u.k.. Are we still ok to post questions up here to the seller????

thanks

Lee

:D

gday all

i just found the great deals at mini disc australia the other day and i just wanted to ask a couple of questions about the Sony MZ-NH1.

the first one was dose it actually come with a radio, i have herd people say that it dose.

and second of all is the unit all metal or dose it have a plastic back?

thanks for any replys

cheers.

gday all

i just found the great deals at mini disc australia the other day and i just wanted to ask a couple of questions about the Sony MZ-NH1.

the first one was dose it actually come with a radio, i have herd people say that it dose.

thanks for any replys

cheers.

nope the MZ-NH1 does not come with radio. you need to go for MZ-NHF800 if you want radio feature.

about the metal part, iinm it has metal casing.

gday all

thanks for any replys

cheers.

Pretty sure you can't order anymore unless you are in Australia.

The NH1 is Magnesium, you can't order international at the moment but that may change when they get the time to handle it due to the extra worrk and cost caused by sending the batteries separately. Though I still wonder why they say there is no signed-for Airmail, only courier, when Australia Post says there is (insured too)...

I'm sure you'd sell them as easy (for the same price) without the charger, and MD disks and without the internal battery. Yes you'd have to repackage them, but I'd have thought you could sell the chargers, MD disks and battery seperately to cover that. Maybe Sony won't allow that though.

Edited by Sparky191

If it is the NH1 the yes it comes with the RM-MC40ELK which is Kanji-capable. Which unit did you order?

*slaps forehead* oops forgot to mention which one, yes it is the NH1 I ordered.

woo hoo, thats great to hear, as my collection contains a bit of japanese stuff. ^_^

Can I use my charger from my MZ-N1 with the NH1?

The MZ-N1 is 3V.

Any point in trying to arrange an order to Canada? Maybe being in the Commonwealth will give it some special consideration? :rolleyes:

There's nothing special with a charger, doesn't have to be a Sony charger.

It need to fit your sockets,

use your voltage,

deliver 6V,

have the same radius of the plug, (many universal chargers come with a set of plugs)

have the same polarity (often switchable for universal units).

Edited by tommypeters

Slightly off topic:

The quick charger that comes in the bundle pack is retailing for about £50 in Dixons, Oxford Street!

It's exactly the same one. Bargain!

Thanks again Sefu and all at MiniDisc.au. ;)

• 2 weeks later...